Sunday, November 20, 2011

Should I dye my hair black?

Hey everyone! Lately, I've been a bit confused on whether or not I should dye my hair black or continue sporting my "Thai Tamarind" hair color. I've been wearing it for almost 4 years now, constantly re-applying every 5 months whenever my roots grow. I buy 2 boxes of Kolours Hair Color and have it applied in our nearby salon. I kind of grew tired maintaining it and I wanted some change. I didn't want to cut my hair short nor give myself a fringe so a few weeks ago, I bought 2 boxes of hair color (again from Kolours) and bought the shade "Medium Brown".


The thing is.. if I dyed my hair dark, it would be hard for me to dye it again when I want to switch to lighter shades if ever I get bored with dark hair. I heard that you need to bleach your hair first to wash away the dark color to be able to dye it in lighter shades again…. but that would mean damaging your hair right? Any suggestions, ladies?

In the meantime, here's an FOTD showing my current hair color in direct sunlight. You be the judge.



Products used:

Face
Ellana Minerals Make It Last Primer
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Nude
Mary Kay Concealer in Beige 02
Revlon Translucent Loose Powder
Etude House Drawing Eyebrows Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil
Wet n Wild Eyebrow Kit
NYC Bronzing Powder
 Careline Blush in Fresh Tomato

Eyes
HengFang Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk
Elianto Single Eyeshadow in White

Lips
Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Love That Red


What do you think?? Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :) Thanks for dropping by!

3 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful!

    I love you with brown hair, and I don't think it would hurt if you switch to black. Although, given what you said about having trouble dying it back to lighter shades...I don't really know. Basta I know you'd look great in black.

    I think this is the first time I saw you with red lips!!! Super gorgeous!!!

    Anyway will I be seeing you on the 23rd?

    Miss you Jan!!! :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. naku dont dye your hair black na. i think it would make your features too overpowering and might register differently :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi. what's your hair color or the the colors you used on your hair on those photos?

    ReplyDelete